By BARTON HOROWITZ
STATEN ISLAND, N.Y. — For many entrepreneurs, the growth of a business depends upon the answer to these two questions:
Are you an expert in your field?
Here is some advice for qualified individuals who want to build a reputation as an expert:
- Learn as much about your industry and its potential new directions before launching your goal to become a recognized expert.
- Remember, nothing replaces experience.
- Keep learning; education never stops.
- It’s important to network with potential clients, as well as others in your field: Join your local Chamber of Commerce; participate in community-service organizations, business-networking groups and trade organizations.
- Read industry publications, as well as general business publications; take classes and attend seminars.
- Surround yourself with experts who can help you in areas outside of your own expertise. This will allow your business to run smoothly so you can focus on what you do best.
- Publicize your accomplishments and milestones.
- Speak before groups and associations — make yourself known.
- Utilize social media sites, such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and YouTube to interact with others as an industry expert.
- Provide ongoing useful industry-related advice on a blog and social media sites.
- As often as possible, get your name referred to in the media and elsewhere an expert in your industry (a public relations pro can help with this).
- Establish a newsletter with useful content as a means of reminding others of your expertise.
About Relevant Public Relations LLC
Relevant Public Relations LLC (Relevant PR) is a New York City-based multimedia public relations and marketing company with international reach.
Relevant PR leads businesses, professional practices and organizations to greater heights by integrating all marketing and PR needs into a single efficiently run operation.
Relevant Public Relation’s custom-designed branding strategies succeed due to an innovative recipe of press releases; traditional, digital and broadcast-news distribution; social-media management; Website and blog content; e-mail marketing; commercial copywriting, and more.
Whether you require a single press release, a multimedia campaign or the information on your company brochure or Website professionally written, edited or updated, Relevant Public Relations can help.
Relevant Public Relations is available online at www.RelevantPR.com, and may be reached at 718-682-1509 or via email: info@RelevantPR.com.