NEW YORK (Dec. 12, 2012) – Today is the 12th day of the 12th month of a year that ends in 12.
So, what makes 12-12-12 additionally special?
The fact is 12-12-12 isn’t more extraordinary than any other day – and that’s why it’s so important. It has arrived during a time of year that for many people is particularly spiritual; and it’s a reminder that life is a precious gift, and each and every moment is a treasure.
Today’s once-in-a-life combination of numbers should inspire us to step on the brakes of life, slow down for a bit, and think about things that are most important in life.
If you’ve ever been so busy that you needed to ask, “What is today’s date?” – take a look at the following 12 suggestions for celebrating 12-12-12:
1) Embrace your faith.
2) Step outside and spend some time looking around. In New York today, the sky is blue, the air is fresh and crisp — and it feels good just to be around to enjoy it all.
3) Be thankful.
4) Tell those you love what they mean to you.
5) Call one or more old friends that you haven’t recently spoken with.
6) Eat slower.
7) Perform a random act of kindness.
9) Try to make others laugh.
10) Do your best at whatever needs to be accomplished at work or play.
11) Be charitable.
12) Remember to repeat these suggestions tomorrow – and share these inspiring thoughts with others (you might begin by sharing these one dozen 12-12-12 suggestions with friends and family).
— Barton Horowitz, president