It’s obvious there is a lot of focus on food at Thanksgiving time. Holiday fare is fun to eat, think about – and talk about. So, take this opportunity to sit back, relax and test your knowledge about some Thanksgiving-related foods with this short quiz from the Villas:
1. What is the relationship between yams and sweet potatoes?
a. Yams are a type of sweet potato
b. They are the same thing
c. They are completely different
d. They are cousins
2. True or false: Your dislike of Brussels sprouts may be genetic.
3. What do people in the Southern United States call the bread-based mix served with roast turkey?
4. True or false: Turkey is to blame for your post-Thanksgiving dinner nap.
5. Cranberries and grapes are two of the three commercially grown fruits native to the U.S. What is the other one?
1. c Yams are a monocot, a plant having one embryonic seed leaf, and from the Yam family. Sweet potatoes area dicot, a plant having two embryonic seed leaves, And from the Morning Glory family.
2. a Some people have a gene variant that allows them to taste certain bitter compounds, such as those found in Brussels sprouts.
4. b Contrary to popular belief, turkey doesn’t contain enough tryptophan to put you asleep. It is more likely over-eating that contributes to the sleepiness.
About the Villas
Situated on seven wooded acres in Manalapan, N.J., a short distance from Staten Island, N.Y., the Villas is a luxurious senior apartment community reflecting the ambiance and accommodations of a world-class resort. Offering a range of amenities and services sensitive to the lifestyle, health and daily needs of its residents, the complex – orchestrated by Hackensack Meridian Health – is uniquely focused on wellness and prevention, and ideal for singles and couples alike. The upscale 100,000-square-foot community offers a unique arrangement of supervision and increased healthcare with onsite physician services. Providing for independent living, assisted living, skilled nursing and memory care on specialized floors, the Villas eliminates the need to relocate elsewhere due to health issues, allowing couples to remain together in a comforting, well-managed, posh environment.
The Villas is located at 289 Gordons Corner Road, Manalapan, NJ 07726. For information, the Villas may be reached at 732-847-3920, contacted via www.villashmh.com/contact, and visited online at www.villashmh.com.
Media Contact: Barton Horowitz