New York – In-person networking is written into the schedules of many ambitious entrepreneurs. When it comes to attracting potential clients and industry partnerships, there is no modern-day improvement upon an old-fashioned face-to-face greeting and solid handshake.
Networking, however, has a downside if not handled properly, warns Staten Island, N.Y.-based Relevant Public Relations (Relevant PR).
Since most entrepreneurs and business leaders personify an actual brand, mishandling interactions at a business gathering can result in a negative image of the company they represent.
Consider, for example, the following behaviors – which may alienate or hinder, rather than attract, prosperous relationships during a business-networking event or social function:
1) Giving an elevator pitch to someone who hasn’t asked for it.
2) Visibly surveying a room for prospects while engaged in a conversation.
3) Not asking for a person’s business card after presenting yours.
4) Stuffing a person’s business card into your pocket without taking a moment to read it.
5) Dressing in non-appropriate attire.
6) Failing to follow up with prospects in a polite and timely manner.
7) Not approaching others who may appear shy, or less comfortable at social events than you are.
8) Failing to make introductions between other business people with complementary services or products.
9) Brushing off past clients or associates in favor of new prospects.
10) Not listening when others speak.
When correctly administered, business networking can be fun, as well as an important ingredient in the growth and prosperity of most businesses.
Ramp up your business marketing with Relevant Public Relations LLC
Based in New York City, Relevant Public Relations LLC™ (Relevant PR), “Where Success is Written,” is a multimedia public relations and e-marketing company with local and national reach.
Economically headquartered in the city’s borough of Staten Island, Relevant Public Relations is “America’s Journalist-Empowered PR & Marketing firm.” The agency leads businesses, including professional practices and not-for-profit organizations, to greater heights by cost-effectively combining all digital and traditional marketing and PR strategies into a single, efficiently run operation.
Relevant Public Relation’s custom-designed branding methods succeed because of an innovative recipe of press releases; traditional, digital and broadcast-news distribution; social-media management; website and blog content; e-mail marketing; commercial copywriting, and more.
Whether you require content marketing, a single press release, a multimedia campaign, or the information on your company brochure or website professionally written, Relevant Public Relations can help.