The small-business mentors of SCORE Staten Island are pointing to content marketing as a powerful tool for growing an enterprise.
“One of the most effective – and affordable – ways for highlighting a business is using content marketing, a way of promoting an enterprise or brand online,” said John Amodio, SCORE Staten Island first vice-chair and business mentor. “If you are contemplating the introduction of content-marketing tactics into your business development, or want to improve upon the ones you already have in place, it makes good sense to know what methods are working well for others.”
With this in mind, SCORE Staten Island, a local chapter of the national SCORE organization, is sharing the following tips and statistics from its parent organization to assist you in implementing successful content marketing strategies for your small business:
- Have a documented content strategy:
- 32 percent of business-to-business (B2B) marketers and 37 percent of business-to-consumers (B2C) marketers have one.
- Meet daily or weekly to review effectiveness of content marketing efforts:
- 44 percent of B2B marketers and 48 percent of B2C marketers do so.
- Be willing to invest in content marketing:
- B2B marketers allocate 28 percent of their total marketing budget to content marketing.
- B2C marketers allocate 32 percent of their total marketing budget to content marketing.
- Utilize imagery to attract a bigger audience:
- 51 percent of B2B marketers and 55 percent of B2C marketers report prioritizing visual content this year.
- 67 percent of B2B marketers use infographics for content marketing (up from 62 percent in 2015).
- 62 percent of B2C marketers use infographics for content marketing (up from 45 percent in 2015).
- Facebook posts with images get 2.3-times more engagement than those without.
- Blog posts and articles with images once every 75-100 words get 2-times more shares than those with fewer images.
- Choose the right social network. Currently, small business owners are using:
- Facebook: 70 percent
- Twitter: 38 percent
- LinkedIn: 37 percent
- YouTube, Vine or Vimeo: 26 percent
- Instagram: 25 percent
- Company blog: 24 percent
- Yelp: 16 percent
- Pinterest: 14 percent
- Live-streaming apps: 7 percent
- Design your social media marketing with a purpose. Currently, small business owners are using social media marketing to:
- Promote a specific product/service: 45 percent
- Share information about sales and discounts: 38 percent
- Gain likes and fans: 38 percent
- Solicit/respond to customer feedback: 34 percent
- Provide videos highlighting products or services: 29 percent
- Share a company blog post: 20 percent
- Establish their personal expertise: 23 percent
About SCORE Staten Island
SCORE Staten Island is dedicated to fostering a vibrant small-business community within its borough by providing cost-free mentoring and education to both aspiring and established entrepreneurs. Headquartered at 1855 Victory Blvd., in the Staten Island neighborhood of Castleton Corners, the organization is Chapter 476 of the nationwide SCORE, a nonprofit association and resource partner with the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA). For additional information, or to schedule an appointment, SCORE of Staten Island may be visited at https://statenisland.score.org/, telephoned at 718-727-1221, or emailed at info@SCORESI.org.
Media Contact: Barton Horowitz
Relevant Public Relations, LLC